Friday, August 1, 2008

flickr frustration

I dare not calculate the time spent just on Q4. I seem to have explored my fingers sore. I found many interesting things to do if one had the time and the passion for the fashion. Found some great photos in "interestingness" and particularly admired "waterlily on black" by Siebe. I thought I had the link but wasn't able to find the photo easily using it. I searched for it under suggested tags but the number of photos displayed was astronomically huge and I decided to search using the title of the photo. This particular photo seems to be copyrighted so I couldn't post it. I'm going to leave it here and turn my attention to the next ex.
Well I seem to have messed this one up so I'm adding some extra bits. Enjoyed my Flickring experience, learning about online photosharing. I saw the advantages of uploading photos for safe keeping, organising them into collections and sets and tagging them for easy access later, even putting them on a map - very handy for travel and family pics. I noticed that the lists of tags for one photo can be long and range from specific to general. I enjoyed searching the photos and for my photograph I used tags Nevada, Joshua tree, desert. The Joshua trees can be found in the Moave Desert in Nevada. Here is the link to my chosen Joshua tree photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinhole/455286001
http://www.flickr.com/photos/siebe/539408151/

1 comment:

Biblio Chick said...

Agreed. It is fascinating and the more one uses the different things, the easier it becomes and the more applications one can see - if one in inclined to spend one's life in front of a computer screen. I've coined a new phrase, "Those who can do, and those who can't blog." I should put that in one of my blogs so that everyone can shoot me down in flames. Ha-ha-ha!

Keep blogging - it's mind boggling - oh wow, I've just noticed that blogging is an anagram for boggling!!!! Ha-ha-ha yet again. And who says that these people are lacking in humour - only in grammar - see my post on "interstingness" and "gorgeousity." AARRGGGHHHH!!!!!