Monday, August 18, 2008

Ignorati

I explored Technorati as far as I could without the help of the guided tour video which wouldn't play for me. Perhaps my patience ran out and I didn't wait long enough. My directory search for Web 2.0 yielded 721 results and same search in Blogs yielded 338, as for Tags - didn't find a Tags button. I expected to find a screen full of useful tags but found tags only for specific searches completed. It took me a while to find the Popular button, and once I'd moved from there, and tried to find it again all the buttons had changed as they seem to every time you search under a different heading. In the directory I clicked on Web 2.0 under Technology which sent me to Blogs and a message "Please try again later". I'm sure with a little direction I would have fared better, but there we are.

1 comment:

Biblio Chick said...

Loved the 'Ignorati' title! I think my current state of both health and mind are due to too much time spent hunched over the computer instead of being up and about and doing. My cat has given up trying to commicate with me, says she is going to get her own computer so that she can blog with her friends - judging from the noise outside every now and again as she defends her turf, I should imagine that her blogs will be passionately and vociferously politically incorrect. Thanks for the tip off re TV last night - aren't the purists pains - so anal and patronising! Do you think they have any fun at all, or just too busy being prissily and pointlessly politically correct? Poor things - Ignorati personified!